Permanent Long-Term Nanny Services:
Nannies are professional in-home childcare providers. These childcare providers are unique because they usually remain in the employ of a family many years of a child’s growth. These individuals are loving persons who practically become a member of the family due to their close relation to the entire family. They are trustworthy, loyal and have the growth and development, and overall wellbeing as of your child as their top priority. Nannies can be female or male (sometimes referred to as mannies) but are usually strictly female. Families who prefer a male may request so.
Work in a family’s home as either a live in or a live out caregiver. These caregivers typically work 40 hours or more including weekends. Full time Nannies perform childcare for one or more children as well as household duties necessary to the client. These hours, duties and salaries are agreed upon prior to hire by the family of a desired full-time nanny. Full-Time Nannies often do household chores related to child or children. They can also perform transportation for children, assistance with homework, help them to bathe, make up their beds, and keep the house tidy. Some nannies are willing to take on additional housework for extra pay, and many nannies-especially full-time, live-in nannies may have several roles in your home as errand-runners, bookkeepers, filers, menders, and even cooks. These duties are negotiated once a nanny whose qualifications are suitable for a family. For temporary or sporadic needs, please see our “Temporary/On Call section.
House-keeper Nannies are offered through our agency. These nannies have housekeeping duties in addition to caring for children. With this position it is clear what the housekeeping duties are. Full-time as well as part-time positions are available with AMP. For temporary or sporadic needs, please see our “Temporary/On Call section.
Live-in Nanny – A live-in nanny usually works 10 hours or more. This type of nannies provides various hours sometimes seven days a week. Salaries for a live-in nanny are usually less than that of a nanny that doesn’t live in the families’ home.
Live-out Nanny – A live-out nanny commutes and ideally live no more than one hour away.
Can work less days and hours than a full-time nanny. The hours are set according to the family’s needs and are at least 20 hours a week. Part-time nannies are flexible and can have any number of a variety of schedules and can be used to fill in where the full-time nanny hours are not enough. For temporary or sporadic needs, please see our “Temporary/On Call section.
Weekend Only Nannies – These nannies are AMP providers that are only available on weekends. They often prefer to stay the entire weekend but this is not mandatory. Your part-time nanny can be as flexible as your family’s needs call for.
Share-Nanny – These nannies work for multiple families according to availability. Two or more families pay for the same nanny in each home on a part-time basis. This can be done with a variety of mixes with AMP nannies in order to help families save.
Nanny w/their children – This nanny has one or more children of their own. They can either work as a full-time or a part-time nanny but is paid at a slightly reduced rate since they are sharing care with the families and their own child.
These childcare professionals go through vigorous background and reference checks. A face to face interview process takes place to ensure we select the most qualified candidate for you to choose from.
Baby Care/Doula Care – AMP provides professional Doulas for women who are at any stage of pregnancy. These professionals are experienced at educating and instructing mothers to be on the preganancy experience, the delivery, and the after delivery stages of childbirth. Our doulas are prepared to walk with the couple as long as they need them and even be present during childbirth instruction during the pregnancy and delivery when it’s time for that big moment. See our fees tab for information on pricing for our professional doulas.
THE FACE TO FACE
WHAT AMP LOOKS FOR IN IT’S CAREGIVERS
AMP won’t send anyone to your home who we haven’t sat down face to face with. We only send a caregiver who we know has the skills, experience, and desire to provide peace of mind to your family. All though we select the brightest and most experienced providers, our face to face dialogs give us an opportunity to get to know the candidate.
(7) Qualities we look for during our face to face interview:
- Passion – Passion can be seen through ones enthusiasm or excitement about an endeavor. We often see this once we let the candidate talk about how she or he has shined in other past positions.
- History – Listening to someone speak about their history gives us an idea of what they did in their past and how they did it. We look at the candidates’ history in-depth to make the match our client desires.
- Energy – People have different levels of energy. It can often be seen when talking or discussing matters face to face. We make sure we spend enough time to get a real good sense of the candidates’ energy level.
- Natural Ability – Our caregivers are also selected for their natural abilities in various things such as foreign language(s), musical ability, artistic skill, etc.
- Good judgment – Knowledge of what is proper or reasonable; good sense or judgement.
- Creativity – The art of being clever with senior adult in particular is good in knowing how to peek the interests of the senior adult and using ones imagination, cleverness, being resourceful and inspiring stimulation for them. We look for detailed examples of this from our candidate when dialoging.
- Exposure to cultural – Many of our caregivers have studied abroad and have been world travelers. We like to explore how this can be used to positively in a caregiving position with children.
These are some of the hallmarks we look for from our candidates. We believe these are a few qualities that cause AMP caregivers to stand out from the rest.
To take advantage of our eldercare services, simply complete the family application, pay the required fees and the process begins to provide you with the eldercare services that you desire. See our Fees page for details on pricing.
**AMP’S Long-Term nannies work in positions intended to last for more than three months.
Full-Time is any position where the employee works or is expected to work more than twenty hours per week.
Part-Time is any position where an employee works or is expected to work 20 or fewer hours per week.