WHAT AMP LOOKS FOR IN IT’S CAREGIVERS
AMP won’t send anyone to your home who we haven’t sat down face to face with. We only send a caregiver who we know has the skills, experience, and desire to provide peace of mind to your family. Even though we select the brightest and most experienced providers, and perform extensive background and reference checks, our face to face dialogs give us an opportunity to get to know the candidate for ourselves.
- Application Review
- Phone Interview
- Face to Face Interviews with two Agency Specialists
- Reference Checks and former employment verified
- State and County Background Screening (Criminal and Civil Nationwide Criminal Search
- Driving Record Checks
- Sexual Misconduct Record
- Social Security Verification
- Residency History
- Infant/Child CPR and First Aid Training/Certification
- Preferred Childcare Specialist Training
- Basic Medical Certification of Good Health (Including TB Test)
(7) Qualities we look for during our face to face interview:
- Passion – Passion can be seen through ones enthusiasm or excitement about an endeavor. We often see this once we let the candidate talk about how she or he has shined in other past positions.
- History – Listening to someone speak about their history gives you an idea of what they did in their past and how they did it. We look at the candidates’ history in-depth to make the match our client desires.
- Energy – People have different levels of energy. It can often be seen when talking or discussing matters face to face. We make sure we spend enough time to get a real good sense of the candidates’ energy level.
- Natural Ability – Our caregivers are also selected for their natural abilities in various things such as foreign language(s), musical ability, artistic skill, etc.
- Good judgment – Knowledge of what is proper or reasonable; good sense or judgement.
- Creativity – The art of being clever with children in particular, being good at arts and crafts and using ones imagination, cleverness, being resourceful and inspiring fun. We look for detailed examples of this from our candidate when dialoging.
- Exposure to cultural – Many of our caregivers have studied abroad and have been world travelers. We like to explore how culture can be used positively in the role of caregiving.
These are some of the hallmarks of our caregivers and what makes them stand out from the rest.